Telemedicine is a means to reduce costs at the same time supplying consumers with the convenience they want like reduced travel time, fewer hardships. It solves the present problems like shortage of qualified caregivers. The communication technology has advanced to a degree where physicians can offer good virtual consultations.
The increasing popularity of TeleMedicine Technology is changing every sector including Healthcare. Modern information and communication technologies (ICTs), like computers, the Internet, and mobile phones, are changing how people communicate with one another, exchange and seek information, and enriching people’s life. It has great potential to solve international health care issues. Click here for more information.
The term telemedicine comes from the mixture of a Greek phrase “Tele,” meaning”distance” and a Latin word “mederi” significance “to cure”. Distance is a constraint for people living in remote areas to access timely, good-quality health care. Telemedicine attempts to overcome this restriction by bridging this gap between the patient and healthcare provider. The World Health Organization defines Telemedicine as, “The delivery of healthcare services, where space is a critical factor, by all healthcare professionals utilizing information and communication technologies for the exchange of legal information for the identification, treatment, and prevention of illness and injuries, study and evaluation, and for the ongoing education of healthcare providers, all in the interests of advancing the health of individuals and their communities”. By way of example, a patient or a health care provider, or caregiver may use a wireless telephone to automatically upload vital signs and send it in to a remote monitoring center. Telemedicine was among the initial technology which improved the spread of healthcare services wherein areas that were considered inaccessible were also able to get healthcare facilities. Visit Z Med Clinic to learn more.
A few variables that have created the widespread adoption of TeleMedicine potential are:
- The availability of High-speed internet access and mobile phone.
- People already have computers and smartphones with which they access the internet and are utilizing telecommunication technology in different contexts.
- It provides cost-effective and efficient care to elder patients who require more care compared to the younger generation.
Different Types of TeleMedicine
The practice of TeleMedicine is divided into three kinds of solutions:
- Live Interactive or Real-Time TeleMedicine – Synchronous TeleMedicine Video conferencing center provides physicians to provide immediate guidance to patients who require medical care. It is useful in primary care and followup visits. These technologies used in TeleMedicine are designed to protect patients’ solitude and follow HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) standards.
- Remote monitoring (Telemonitoring) clinical dimensions of patients could be tracked from a distance. This can be beneficial for older patients in the home who have disease recurrence for a long time like heart disease, diabetes, and even asthma.
- Shop and forward – This is also called asynchronous TeleMedicine. It’s a method in which the patient’s health information like imaging reports, diagnostic reports, videos, as well as other documents are stored and forwarded to healthcare professionals for remote evaluation of an individual’s ailment. Inside this method, medical care professionals can assess the patient’s information effectively at a convenient time. In this solution, a medical professional can be in a different timezone. This remedy is applied in radiology, dermatology, and ophthalmology.
TeleMedicine Technology Overview The Principle component of TeleMedicine is:
- Transmission method or connectivity.
- Equipment – Telemedicine Methods catch voice and picture data.
1. Equipment – TeleMedicine Units
- Desktop Systems – Little units which can be placed in the clinician’s office.
- Mobile Systems – Have small footprints and are easily moved. Telemedicine components which can be transferred to various places.
- Room Systems – With viewing screen and microphone are stationed in space. They are used for continuing education, medical therapy, and administrative meetings.
2. Equipment – Main Shared Components
- A microphone allows clinicians and patients to speak to one another.
- Codec, coding, and decoding. It’s the heart of the system. This compresses the outgoing audio and video data and transmits the information to the far end decompress the incoming information. Additionally, it supplies security encryption.
A camera is utilized for clinicians to see that the patients and sufferers see that the clinicians.
- Seeing display occasionally multiple displays can be found so the medical providers can view the patients as well as the diagnostic reports and other clinical information.
Scopes and Peripherals
Use of peripheral equipment like specialized cameras and diagnostic stoves.
An expert can examine without having to be on the same site. General use of cameras allows the dermatologist to view the skins. ENT specialist uses Otoscope to view the interior of the individual’s ears. The stethoscope enables listening to heart and lung Sounds. Non-mydriatic cameras permit capturing the retinal images in case of Diabetic Retinopathy screenings
2. Transmission procedure or Connectivity The network is essential to establish connectivity between places and transmit clinical information. Telemedicine equipment needs to be connected for discussion.
Top TeleMedicine Specialities
TeleMedicine can be applied to any specialization. It can be stated as a digital hospital.
- Teledermatology- Pictures of rash or skin disorders are sent for remote analysis. 80 percent of dermatology cases between rashes are solved by TeleMedicine.
- Teleophthalmology – Examines a patient’s eyes and supplies treatment from a distance.
- Teleradiology – Obtain an appointment on an individual’s health condition by sending x-rays and health records securely to your radiologist at a different place.
Benefits of TeleMedicine
- An employee who becomes ill or injured on an oil well who’s 100s of miles away from land can be treated by physicians remotely through TeleMedicine.
- Elderly individuals with chronic illness can be treated by doctors miles apart without leaving their Eldercare facility.
- Video conferencing facility helps medical practitioner interact with the individual almost immediately with a reduction in cost and increase the advantage.
- The Price of patients traveling to the hospital and waiting time is drastically reduced.
- Patients may be seen earlier by doctors for treatment.
- Expert Medical advice, one on one consultation, 2nd opinion, online medical record.
- Patient Health documents are kept safely following the HIPAA standards.
- It protects one’s privacy and by the comfort of your home.
- Patients may be diagnosed and treated before which leads to improved outcomes and cheap treatments.
Telemedicine is the reply to the issue of solving the issue of inaccessibility to healthcare facilities. With proper implementation, it can serve multiple purposes along with specialized or basic healthcare providers. Recent advances in the field of information technology have significantly enhanced the standard of the telemedicine providers and reduced the related costs to an excellent extent. But concerns about the protection of patient information, or getting completely determined by these services are being increased in connection with telemedicine. But judicious use of health technology may save yourself a lot more lives than previously and reduce healthcare expenses to a fantastic extent.
TeleMedicine offers exceptional potential for delivering quicker, better, less costly, and more convenient maintenance. Since the TeleMedicine industry grows and evolves, it provides enormous opportunities for the health care profession, especially in its capacity to reach, engage, and improve the health of patients who might otherwise not have access to care.